Leg day is awesome! This workout is going to challenge you to complete 6 dynamic exercises designed shape and strengthen the lower body. There are so many cool variations of deadlifts, and the resistance bands are a neat way to superset, or in this case, tri-set your workouts. You will need a kettlebell or dumbell, a restance band of your choosing, and a barbell (0r set of dumbells.)
Push hard,challenge yourself, mind your form, and as always, have fun.
RESISTANCE BAND DEADLIFT WORKOUT
SET 1: 5 Rounds
- Band Kick Backs – 15
- Straight Leg Deadlift – 2 warm up sets of 10-15 reps, then 3 working sets of 5-8 reps
- Kettlebell Swing – 30
SET 2: 5 Rounds
- Banded Deadlift – 2 warm up sets of 10-15 reps, then 3 working sets of 5-8 reps
- Band “V” Kicks – 10 (make an upside down ‘v’ with your leg straight, left + right = one rep)
- Band Side Steps – 20 (Stay low, 2 steps right is one rep, then 2 steps left is another rep, etc.)
I made these as a last minute snack last week, and loved them SO much that I just have to share them with you! Crispy flatbreads, loaded with home made spinach pesto sauce and veggies are the perfect meal to fill you up, yet leave you feeling light on your feet. Plus, they totally satisfy that pizza craving…anybody with me?!
I hope you will try these with your favorite veggies and let me know what you thought.
You will need to first whip up a batch of my delicious, creamy home made Spinach Pesto sauce.
For these flatbreads, you will need:
- 100 grams thinly sliced zucchini
- 50 grams sliced bell pepper
- 60 grams sliced mushrooms
- 75 grams fresh sliced roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons Spinach Pesto
- crushed red pepper and spinach & parmesan seasoning from Johnny’s
- Flat Out Pizza bread, rosemary and olive oil
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. While the oven heats up, slice your veggies and make the pesto. I like to use this as an opportunity to cut extra veggies, so I can make more flatbreads later, or throw the veggies in with a quesadilla or scramble.
Lay 2 flatbreads out on a cookie sheet and place in the oven to pre-cook for 5 minutes. Remove the flatbreads from the oven, and top with pesto, cheese and veggies evenly. Sprinkle with your seasonings, and place into the oven for 15-20 more minutes. I like mine a little on the crispy side, so I usually do the full 20 minutes.
Once the pizzas are done, pull them out and serve while they are still warm. Enjoy!
Macros for 2 flatbread pizzas: